Collection of short stories for youth / adults
Imagine sitting in a bus where everyone has a story to tell!
In these nine short stories from contemporary daily life, the author lets people tell their story. With this, he allows the reader to glimpse the silhouettes behind the people. Their stories intertwine to reveal the ways in which we all affect each other.
In this collection we meet the teenager, who always feels his parents´ eagle-eyes on him; the woman in the red mac on her way to work in the linen store with a sore wrist; the man with the moustache, who no longer wants to hide who he is; the young brunette struggling to find her footing between expectations and demands; the dark-eyed young man with the impression that the grey-eyes of the man next to him are ominous; the old man, who faithfully visits his wife at the nursing home, and the young mother struggling to balance work and family life.
Author: Ingun Christensen.
Short stories * Youth / adults * 78 pages * Cover illustration: Høgni Egholm Magnussen * Published in October 2015. Publisher: Bókadeild Føroya Lærarafelags.
Faroese: Skuggamyndir – Swedish: Skuggbilder
- November 2017:
- Sólfinn Hansen: “Skuggamyndir“. Varðin bd. 84, nr. 2, 2017.
- January 2016:
- Vár í Ólavsstovu: “Skuggamyndir”. Skúlablaðið nr 1/2016 (the Faroese school magazine for teachers). The review is available here in Faroese: 2016-01_Skuggamyndir_Ummaeli_Vár í Ólavsstovu
- December 2015 – Interview & Review:
- I was interviewed and the short story collection “Skuggamyndir” was reviewed (reviewer: Vár í Ólavsstovu) in the national Faroese broadcasting cultural programme Mentanarkaféin. The interview and the review are available below (in Faroese):
- January 2016 – Reading:
- Reading of three stories from the collection “Skuggamyndir” in the national Faroese broadcasting. Reciter: Ingun Christensen. One of the short story “Tann gráhærdi maðurin” (“The grey-haired man“) is available below (in Faroese):